[Tweeters] New yard birds: Hermit Thrush, YR Warblers

Tucker, Trileigh TRI at seattleu.edu
Sat Dec 6 10:14:47 PST 2014

Hi Tweets,

I had a couple of nice bird surprises yesterday, new yard birds for me here at our new home in West Seattle. Midmorning I heard a whistling type of call I didn’t recognize, found the bird backlit on a bare branch high in a deciduous tree, and although the resulting photo was poor, it was enough for an ID of a Hermit Thrush. I was surprised it hung out up there in the open for as many minutes as it did.

Then in the afternoon a delightful little flock of Yellow-rumped Warbler’s (mostly looked Audubon to me) arrived to partake of our seed and suet feeders. It was fun seeing them all clustered on the suet cake like Bushtits! A few photos of the Yellow-rumpeds are at flickr.com/photos/trileigh<https://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/>.

A merry holiday season to all,
Trileigh

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Trileigh Tucker
Western West Seattle
Natural history blog: naturalpresence<naturalpresencearts.com>arts.com<naturalpresencearts.com>
Photography: flickr.com/photos/trileigh