[Tweeters] Seattle MOUNTAIN CHICKADEE

Jeffrey Bryant jbryant_68 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 14:28:34 PST 2014

  Today, while scouting my area for the upcoming CBC, I found a couple of birds of note:Mountain Chickadee found at Beer Sheva Park, which is on the lakeshore off Seward Park Blvd, just north of where it intersects Rainier Ave. South.  At 10:20 it was in the conifers in the north end of this small park, with a large mixed flock of mostly Chestnut-backed Chickadees and Golden-crowned Kinglets, with a few nuthatches, Ruby-crowns and Black-caps thrown in.  I heard its wheezy voice right away, but it took ten minutes or so to finally get visual confirmation when it came low in a fir to probe the cones.Also, the Martha Washington Park Townsend's Solitaire continues, seen today at 11:25 flying across 57th Ave. South to a large maple tree right in the NW corner of the park.
jeff Bryant
seattle
jbryant_68 AT yahoo