[Tweeters] migrating Greater White-fronted Geese

Ed Swan edswan at centurytel.net
Thu Aug 28 09:38:43 PDT 2014

I was working out in the yard yesterday when I heard strange sound coming
through the surrounding trees. I couldn't quite place what it was and it
kept shifting direction. I had just about given up on it when high over our
clearing I saw about a score of the Greater White-fronted Geese which chose
to give a longer set of vocalizations. They quickly spiraled out of sight
heading generally toward Colvos Passage. Seems kind of early. A new yard
bird for me.

Ed Swan

Nature writer and guide

Check out the new second edition "The Birds of Vashon Island" at

www.theswancompany.com <http://www.theswancompany.com>

edswan at centurytel.net <mailto:edswan at centurytel.net>

206.463.7976