[Tweeters] Ravens in town

Devorah the Ornithologist birdologist at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 00:22:21 PDT 2014

interesting. ravens seem to be adapting (a bit) to human presence.
recently, it was reported that a pair of ravens have taken up residence
(and possibly produced one youngster) in manhattan, in the chelsea area:

http://nyti.ms/VQkAod

i wonder if these few pioneers might be the beginning of a bigger trend?

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 12:10 AM, Philip McCrain <phil at mccrain.com> wrote:

> Yesterday I heard the “grok” of ravens from my backyard in the Kingsgate

> area of Kirkland. I don’t recall ever hearing them here before. Flyovers

> confirmed two separate birds. Heard at least one again this afternoon.

> Phil McCrain

> Kingsgate, Kirkland, Washington.

GrrlScientist
Devorah Bennu, PhD
birdologist at gmail.com
http://about.me/grrlscientist <http://gplus.to/grrlscientist>
http://www.grrlscientist.net/
http://twitter.com/GrrlScientist
http://www.theguardian.com/science/grrlscientist
<http://www.guardian.co.uk/grrlscientist>
*sunt lacrimae rerum et mentem mortalia tangunt. [*Virgil, *Aeneid*, 1.461
ff.]