[Tweeters] RE: a few Skagit birds

Scott scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 26 16:53:22 PDT 2014

Tweeters:

Inspired by Gary's report of RN PHalarope and Green Heron, I visited Channel Drive about noon on the 22nd. I could not find either one but did have a whole lot of shorebirds, including one juv. STILT SANDPIPER with dowitchers, a SANDERLING among hundreds of peep, and a VESPER SPARROW that landed on a small grassy "islet" out there in the lagoon. Among peeps, most impressive were 12 each of juv. BAIRD'S and SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPERS, and especially good count for the latter.

Scott Atkinson
Lake Stevens
mail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com