[Tweeters] Columbia Gorge Birding

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Sun Aug 24 07:07:13 PDT 2014

Yesterday, Susan and I had the pleasure of birding in the Gorge with Neil and Carleen Zimmerman. There were very few migrants at our place so we headed east to see what we could find. At Rock Creek, in Stevenson, we came across some early returning waterfowl with 8 AMERICAN WIGEON, 3 NORTHERN PINTAIL, 5 NORTHERN SHOVELERS and a RING-NECKED DUCK. Soon waterfowl will be the main attraction for birders visiting the Gorge. We then proceeded to the Balch Road area in Klickitat County where we easily found 2 ACORN WOODPECKERS, 3 LEWIS'S WOODPECKERS and a LESSER GOLDFINCH. Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA