[Tweeters] Solitary Sandpiper at Marymoor Park

Mark Vernon ma_vern at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 22 12:56:35 PDT 2014

A Solitary Sandpiper was at Marymoor Park this morning; just above the dam and where the dog park begins. It was wading in the channel that has puddles in it. Nearby were two Killdeers. I first saw it about 8:30 am, and it was till there when I checked at 11.

Despite all of the park activities it was a good day for birds. I had wonderful views of a Yellow Wabler, a Black- throated Gray Warbler and at least two Townsend's warblers. I may have seen the Snipe in flight.

Mark Vernon
Auburn, WA