[Tweeters] Edmonds marsh mystery sandpiper 8-18-14

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 08:05:35 PDT 2014

I was at the #1 viewing platform of the Edmonds marsh Monday morning when a shorebird took off from the marsh and flew south past me. I initially did not bother taking photos as thought it was a killdeer.  The bird was about the same size and shape and
flew in the same manner as a killdeer. When it made some very
un-killdeer cries, I snapped some rather poor, back-lit grab shots.

When I saw the long bill in my camera's viewing screen, I knew it was definitely not a killdeer. It was too
large to have been one of the western or least sandpipers that have recently
been hanging out at the marsh.

You can see my photos by scrolling down page 49 to post #484.  Any guesses?

Wldlife of Edmonds, WA. 2014 - Page 49

Wldlife of Edmonds, WA. 2014 - Page 49
At 62 pages, the original Edmonds wildlife thread was getting a bit cumbersome, so I am starting a new one for 2014. This will also help me in the year ahea...
View on www.pnwphotos.com Preview by Yahoo

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA