[Tweeters] RE: dippers and banding

Jason Hernandez jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 16 21:38:29 PDT 2014

Dippers, according to the video, are different from other banded birds in that they stand with their legs in fast-flowing water.  The video never claimed that banding was wrong for towhees or juncos -- they do not have their legs in water the way dippers do.  No one method of marking individuals is right for every species.

Jason Hernandez
Bremerton
jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com