[Tweeters] Skamania County Migrants

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Sat Aug 16 19:41:46 PDT 2014

Today, Les Carlson and I checked Skamania County for shorebirds after hearing that Stuart Johnston had 33 sandpipers (Western and Least) at the mouth of Rock Creek in Stevenson last Thursday. I had forgotten that the County Fair was this weekend and there were people all over the Rock Creek fairgrounds but we did find 4 KILLDEER and 2 LEAST SANDPIPERS there. We found another 7 LEAST SANDPIPERS st the Home Valley Park windsurf beach. Our best birds were 23 eclipse plumaged NORTHERN SHOVELERS at the pond next to the juvenile fish passage facility just below Bonneville Dam. I will have to check again next week for shorebirds when the fairgrounds will be quieter. Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA