[Tweeters] Edmonds Marsh mystery plover 8-9-14

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 21:38:37 PDT 2014

Saturday I went to the marsh in search of the merlin. I did not see it, but I
did see a small flock of sandpipers which I believe were westerns.  At times the sandpipers were following what I initially thought was a killdeer, but it did not sound like a killdeer as it flew away.

Looking at my photos on the computer, I believe it was a  semipalmated plover, but there is no dark ring above the eye. There also seems to be a lot of white on its forehead.

Scroll down page 47 and let me know what you think.    I posted up my best photos.  I have more which are not very good but show more of the bird's face.  I would be happy to e-mail them to anyone who wants to take a crack at identifying the bird.

Wldlife of Edmonds, WA. 2014 - Page 47

Wldlife of Edmonds, WA. 2014 - Page 47
At 62 pages, the original Edmonds wildlife thread was getting a bit cumbersome, so I am starting a new one for 2014. This will also help me in the year ahea...
View on www.pnwphotos.com Preview by Yahoo

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA