[Tweeters] Re: Chambers Bay Osprey

John Riegsecker jriegsecker at pobox.com
Fri Aug 8 10:54:37 PDT 2014

I visited the Chambers Bay Osprey on Tuesday and again yesterday
evening. I was told by one of the regulars on Tuesday that one of the
young had fledged Monday evening.

I watched them last evening from about 6:00 until 8:00. There was a
pretty good breeze coming off the Sound, and the two who had not yet
fledged were spreading there wings into the wind and soaring in tandem
10 - 15 feet above the nest. The fledged chick was sitting beside the nest.

http://skygardener.zenfolio.com/p102234309/hce9ab27#h303f34a

For those not familiar with Chambers Bay, here is a photo of last year's
nest with the wires meant to keep the Osprey out. When that didn't work
they covered it with a tarp. The next photo in the album is the "Swing
Set" with the nest.

http://skygardener.zenfolio.com/p102234309/hce9ab27#hce9ab27

John Riegsecker
Gig Harbor, WA