[Tweeters] Air Show

Josh Adams xjoshx at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 14:44:09 PDT 2014

Hello Tweets,
I could hear some Sea Fair related aerial activity earlier this afternoon
so my twelve month old daughter outside to see what we could see. After
enjoying a flyovers from a pair of Harriers (the McDonnell Douglas kind), a
pair of Osprey (the Bell Boeing type), and a pair of Hornets (apparent gray
morph) we were hoping to see the Blue Angels fly over. Several good birds
flew as we waited including several groups of Cedar Waxwings (first visual
sightings of the year for the yard). The highlight was group of birds
gliding high flying Black Swifts. They seemed to be riding just in front of
an oncoming thunderstorm and were mixed in with several Swallows that I
couldn't quite identify. This was the first Black Swift sighting I've ever
had from our yard and actually the first swift species period. They flew
leisurely around for about ten minutes before disappearing. It certainly
help ease the disappointment of not having any flyover Blue Angels.

Josh Adams
Lynnwood, WA