[Tweeters] Black-headed Grosbeaks breeding in Shoreline

Christine Southwick clsouth at u.washington.edu
Sat Aug 2 13:18:36 PDT 2014

Yesterday evening I saw a presumed family of Black-headed Grosbeaks(BHGR)--an adult male, adult female and two juvies.

This morning I saw the female feeding one of the babies--so the juvies are younger than I first thought.

That also means that the BHGR are actually breeding here in Shoreline, which I have long suspected, but couldn't really prove. The Grace Cole Nature Park, 16 acres of second growth forest, is directly adjacent to my yard.

Christine Southwick
N Seattle/Shoreline
clsouthwick at q.com