[Tweeters] Rosy Finch: where can I find one?

Carl Wester cmwester at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 13:15:26 PDT 2014

I have seen Rosy Finches during early-season visits in different years to
Mt Ellinor, along the 'long traverse' section of the summer trail. They
were grazing/browsing at the edge of the receding snow field that still
crossed part of the trail. I believe it was June and at about 4400'.

If you go, take plenty of water for yourself...and do't stare at the mama
goat with kids.
It's a strenuous hike but very do-able if you stay with your own pace.

CW