[Tweeters] Hammond's Flycatcher & Turkey Vulture at Cheasty Greenspace

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 16:55:55 PDT 2014

Hi all,

There
was at least one Hammond's Flycatcher at the Cheasty Greenspace on Beacon
Hill today, along with Orange-crowned and many Yellow-rumped Warblers.

It
was in a fairly large riparian wetland in the middle of Cheasty that
is reminiscent of the wetland in the Southwest corner of Seward Park (that
hosts Rufous Hummingbirds), but larger and wetter and more beautiful.

(On
the edge of this wetland a homeless man (known as "the
Mole-man")  has been digging up the forest for five years
and has done  some damage to the side of this wetland.
The Parks Dept has known about this the whole time (5
years) it has been happening but is essentially using the man's
excavations as the beginnings of the their excavations for the Mountain Bike
Park, and is using his depredations to make the case that the area is
irretrievably damaged ergo it must be given to the Mountain Bike group--which
is the Parks Dept, since the two highest placed Parks people directing the
project are both dedicated active mountain-bikers and one is a former board
member of the mountain bike group.)

There
was also a very low flying Turkey Vulture over Cheasty also, flying South of all
directions, actually my first ever Seattle TV.

Thanks
all and the here is link to some shots of some of the recent bathing activity on Butyl
Creek, our recircluting creek.  Plus a truly lousy shot of the Hammond's
Flycatcher:
sightings

sightings
Posted April 27, 2014 from Seattle, WA The songbirds are migrating north and our creek is becoming bath central.  We live on Beacon Hill, where except for th...
View on ednewbold.com Preview by Yahoo

Thanks all, Ed Newbold, Beacon Hill Seattle, WA