[Tweeters] Cassin's Vireo at Magnuson and a url

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 26 18:18:45 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Brian Pendleton, Delia and I birded Magnuson Park from 6 to 9 this am, politely leaving ample time for all Barn Owls to first clear the area.

On Promontory Point there were many Yellow-rumped Warblers plus a couple Black-throated Gray and a Townsend's Warbler (Orange-crowned below) and a Cassin's Vireo that Brian had heard way off decided to wack an insect larvae to death and pose at length about 15 feet away at eye level.

We also had a small but indeterminate number of Vaux's Swifts flying in the flock of mainly Violet-green plus some Barn and Tree Swallows.  Sora and Virginia Rail heard in the wetland ponds.  2 Caspian Terns over the lake and a Common Loon.

No Rufous Hummingbirds for the second time this spring at this park, have they conceded Magnuson?

Also, the folks fighting the mountain-bike park proposed for Cheasty greenspace have a brand-new website at:
http://www.savecheastygreenspace.org/

Save Cheasty is also on Facebook now and can be liked.

Thanks all,

Ed Newbold  residential Beacon Hill Seattle ednewbold1 at yahoo.com