[Tweeters] Year of the nest(s) / Caryn / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Fri Apr 25 08:15:04 PDT 2014

Good morning, Tweeters -

We must have some prime real estate here...

Just this morning, I saw a familiar twiggle of some dangling hemlock branches and sure enough, when I went closer to inspect, we now are having a pair of bushtits move in!! They've nested in this hemlock before, but this one is right overhead at about 7-8'!! They are just starting to build, using some of the "famous fluff" (from WBU - what do they put in that stuff!!).

Headed to see the shorebirds this weekend - now I'll be missing the construction phase...but they have a way to go. It's barely at framing now.

That must be it - it's Home Depot Fluff - perfect for any building project!!

...to be continued!!!

Caryn / Hummer/Robin/Bushtit Mama (not even sure if there's Towhee or Junco nests - did see possibilities, but don't want to be nest greedy!

Happy Birding and Nesting!