[Tweeters] shorebirds in Ocean Shores

Dianna Moore dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Thu Apr 24 19:55:07 PDT 2014

With thanks to Jim Danzenbaker for sharing his list of the birds he found
Thursday here in Ocean Shores and may I emphasize, this is just the soggy
golf course...it rained so not many golfers out on the course.

Dianna Moore
Ocean Shores

Had a lovely time overlooking the OS golf course this morning with about
850 shorebirds all wheeling around and excitedly working the soggy portions
of the fairways. Birds:

SB Dowitcher 345
Marbled Godwit: 225
Black-bellied Plover: 63
Dunlin: 155
Western Sandpiper: 35
Whimbrel: 3
Least Sandpiper: 2
Semipalmated Plover: 4
Greater Yellowlegs: 3

Earlier this morning, I counted 288 Semipalmated Plovers working the median
strips of some of the roads leading to the beach. Nice views!

I'm not in Battle Ground anymore!

Jim