[Tweeters] Sno Valley Birding Today

Mike Wile mikewile at comcast.net
Thu Apr 24 17:54:47 PDT 2014

Hi Tweets-

I spent a couple hours today birding the Snoqualmie River valley on and
around Carnation farms road. Highlights included:

Black-bellied plover - 6 in the partially flooded field just north of Sikes
lake. One of just a handful of times I have seen them in the area.

Turkey Vulture - 3 flying low over the fields at the bend in the road a few
hundred yards north of the plovers.

American Bittern - Heard only in the pond at Chinook Bend.

Cinnamon Team - male in Sikes lake. Surprisingly about the only duck in the
lake.

Sora - Heard only. Sikes Lake.

Yellow-rumped Warbler - About 30. Mostly Audubons but a couple Myrtle at
Chinook Bend.

Common yellowthroat - everywhere.

In all, 42 species.

Thanks and good birding.