[Tweeters] Two warblers and a flycatcher in one morning - Lincoln Park area

Tucker, Trileigh TRI at seattleu.edu
Thu Apr 24 12:13:45 PDT 2014

Hi Tweets,

I had not one but two surprises this morning. Before I even got downstairs for breakfast, I was able to photograph a Yellow-rumped Warbler—not only a FOY but a new yard bird for me. (I see them in nearby Lincoln Park in spring/summer, but never here at home until now.)

During my morning walk in the park, the air was alive with bird calls, and just gorgeous in the evanescent sunlight. I got a few fuzzy photos of an Orange-crowned Warbler en route.

(A Townsend’s Warbler pair showed up at my feeders March 30, but I haven’t seen them since.)

Then upon coming back to my street after my walk this morning, I aimed my camera at an LBB on a wire overhead, and was astonished to see in the viewfinder that it was a flycatcher: again, FOY and my first in my neighborhood rather than in the park. I believe it was a Pacific-slope, but would as always welcome correction. (Flycatcher photos at flickr.com/photos/trileigh<www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh> – the Yellow-rumped ones weren’t good enough to upload, but I’d be happy to email them if anyone would like confirmation.)

A terrific morning overall!

Good birding,
Trileigh

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Trileigh Tucker
Lincoln Park, West Seattle
Natural history website: naturalpresence.wordpress.com
Photography: flickr.com/photos/trileigh