[Tweeters] Chambers Bay Osprey Nest Abatement

Tony tvarela at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 22 08:04:41 PDT 2014

Went to Chambers Bay to check on the Osprey. I was a bit disappointed to see that the birds have ignored the "engineered" new platform that was built for them about 500 to 1000 yards from original abated nest site and have instead started building on one of the cement structures in the meadow.

The new nest is in a bit of a precarious position, there is a pile of debris below nest that has already fallen. I saw both Osprey at this location and also walked down to the railroad trestle and saw the second pair there on their long time nest site undisturbed.....

https://flic.kr/p/neWvWq

https://flic.kr/p/niMnjB

https://flic.kr/p/niMjbn

- Regards