[Tweeters] Vashon Island Chipping Sparrows, Purple Martins back today

Ed Swan edswan at centurytel.net
Mon Apr 21 20:10:41 PDT 2014

Two, possibly three, Chipping Sparrows were on Old Mill Road on southcentral
Vashon Island today. We have twelve records for the spring over the last
fifteen years, three others for the third week of April. Susan McClellan
found one around noon. I came by to check it out and found one each on
either side of the road and heard possibly a third on some private property
where I couldn't chase it down.

Steve Caldwell also saw our first Purple Martins of the season over Tramp
Harbor bluff.

Ed Swan

Nature writer and guide

Check out the new second edition of The Birds of Vashon Island at:

www.theswancompany.com <http://www.theswancompany.com>

edswan at centurytel.net <mailto:edswan at centurytel.net>

206.463.7976