[Tweeters] Pacific-slope Fly in Dungeness

B Boekelheide bboek at olympus.net
Sat Apr 19 12:04:12 PDT 2014

Hello, Tweeters,

This morning (4/19) I was very surprised to see a lovely Pacific-slope Flycatcher flitting around in some trees in Dungeness. It was a classic PS Fly — all-pale lower mandible on a fair-sized bill, nice oval eye-ring enlarged behind the eye, yellow wash on belly, olivey-brown back, creamy wing-bars, and it perched repeatedly on the inside of the tree, never sitting out on an exposed branch. It let me look for several seconds as it moved between perches, then it flitted away into some other trees and disappeared.

The onslaught has begun!

Bob Boekelheide
Dungeness