[Tweeters] Flammulated Owl in Olympia????

Allen E. Smith snoshuak at comcast.net
Wed Apr 16 13:33:58 PDT 2014

For the last couple of weeks we have been hearing what sounds like a
Flammulated Owl near our home out here on Cooper Point in Olympia. When we
consult Sibley for range maps and go to the e-birds map of recent sightings,
however, the nearest sightings are in Vancouver , BC and east of the
Cascades. Is it possible that a Flammulated Owl could be here in Olympia?
We cannot seem to find any other bird that fits that sound. Is this
possible? Help!!!

Allen Smith

Olympia