[Tweeters] Battle Ground, Clark County diurnal migration

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 19:06:20 PDT 2014

Hi Tweeters,

I had some time to stand in my backyard for several hours this morning and
had a good passage of northbound Yellow-rumped Warblers - ~133 in all -
roughly half of them between 8am-9am and about 70 between 9am-11am. None
appeared to descend and perch until about 9:45 or so. I also saw my
FOY-yard Vaux's Swift (2), Townsend's Warbler (FOY-y), and Barn Swallow
(FOY-y.

The weather was perfect for observing diurnal migrants - partly to mostly
cloudy with presumably most of the Cascade foothills enveloped in some
amount of cloud which may kick the birds out of those foothills and over to
my tiny yard. Don't know what tomorrow's rainy forecast will bring.

Did anybody else notice a fairly good migration of Yellow-rumps today?

Keep your eyes and ears skyward.

Jim
--
Jim Danzenbaker