[Tweeters] Kumlien's Gull fading from Skagit Co 4/6

Scott scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 13 20:33:32 PDT 2014

Tweeters:

FYI two very experienced experts have come back to state that they feel my purported Kumlien's was just a washed-out 1st winter GW Gull. Feel free to comment if you have not seen the four photos on my flickr site, but both these folks have more experience than I with the species, which I've encountered just 4 other times.

Hot birds up in Skagit County this weekend included a RED-NAPED SAPSUCKER along Starbird Rd (on a telephone pole and in an orchard right off the south side, 1/2 mile from I-5, 4/12) and a TUFTED PUFFIN seen in flight close to the county line (with San Juan Co) off Green Pt. today (4/13). Records of the puffin are very few (like 4-5) in Skagit Co., and downslope RN Sapsuckers are very few also. Several of the usual migrants inbound, including four TURKEY VULTURES over n. Texas Rd. near March Pt 4/12 and another low over Arlington (Snohomish Co) the same day. Scott AtkinsonLake Stevensmail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com