[Tweeters] a peregrine double]

Martha Jordan swanlady at drizzle.com
Sun Apr 13 15:14:16 PDT 2014

While out visiting a private hunt club between Snohomish and Monroe
the

group I was with were surprised by a peregrine falcon coming in low and

taking a duck off the pond. The bird landed on the ground and was
likely

contemplating its next action when an adult bald eagle flew into the
area

followed by a few crows. Soon a peregrine was seen flying toward the
eagle

and then flying along with the eagle in circles and straight flight into
the

next field. The crows were gone once the peregrine and eagle flew
together.

I turned back and realized that there was a peregrine sitting on the
power

line crossing the field. We realized it was a pair of falcons and a
bald

eagle. Truly a great sighting for the day.

I hope to find these falcons again in the valley. Has anyone else seen

them?

As we began to discuss the wildlife habitat value of this acreage, I
also

learned that the land owner was very displeased about the ill manners
of

some birders regarding the visit of the gyr falcon in the area earlier
this

year. He had to ask several trespassers on more than one occassion to
leave,

including people on foot or in cars (driving on private roads). As most
of

you are aware, once you leave the road right of way in most areas, you
are

on private property. If you do not have written permission to be there
or

are not with the land owner, please respect private property. Just
because

it is not posted does not give anyone the right or privilege to
trespass.

Martha Jordan

Everett, WA