[Tweeters] Birding between San Diego and Anaheim RFI

Doug Schurman doug at bodyresults.com
Wed Apr 9 15:06:36 PDT 2014

Looks like I might have a couple 2-3 hour blocks to bird in between going to
amusement parks, San Diego Zoo and San Diego Safari Park.

Using ebird hotspots it seems like a couple close options for me would be
Bolsa Chica and Batiquitos Lagoon near Carlsbad.

Does anyone have opinions of these either way or do you have other
suggestion that you think might be better that are in the same area?

I've done almost no birding outside of Washington so there should be several
new birds to see. Also, according to ebird I could see a good number of
birds while spending the day at San Diego Safari Park near Escondido.

Replies off line are probably best.

Thanks

Doug Schurman

Seattle