[Tweeters] Cranes and Greater White-fronted Geese, Othello, 4/6

Rachel Lawson rwlawson at q.com
Tue Apr 8 11:17:55 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 4/6, Joseph and I went out towards Othello to see the Sandhill
Cranes. We found the first big flock around 1 pm, visible from the near the
intersection of Lower Crab Creek Rd and E Rd SW. Later, on Dodson Rd at
about 6 pm, many hundreds of cranes flew over us, and we followed them to
the junction of Dodson Rd and Frenchman Hills Rd, where we could see the
flock on the ground in the distance to the north.

We also stopped at the Seep Lakes area, and, at the Crab Creek Trailhead, a
flock of 80-100 Greater White-fronted Geese flew over. I have never seen
them out there before.

Rachel Lawson

Seattle

rwlawson at q.com