[Tweeters] Eastside Audubon Field Trip, Kittitas County

Andrew McCormick andy_mcc at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 6 13:03:35 PDT 2014

Hello Tweets,

On Saturday nine birders joined leader Andy
McCormick for an all-day birding trip to Kittitas County. The day began
with viewing of a pair of Osprey at the nest in Tibbets Park in
Issaquah. Other highlights included a close view of a beautiful Western
Bluebird at Bullfrog Pond where we also saw a herd of about two dozen
Roosevelt Elk, a very industrious PYGMY NUTHATCH clearing out a nest
hole at the Cle Elum Railroad Ponds, a lovely male YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER and a group of MOUNTAIN CHICKADEES at the same location, an AMERICAN DIPPER below the Teanaway River Bridge, many singing WESTERN MEADOWLARKS, a group of 8 WILSON'S SNIPE along Parke Creek Road in Kittitas, several MOUNTAIN BLUEBIRDS, SAGE THRASHERS, BREWER'S SPARROWS and a SAGEBRUSH SPARROW at the Quilomene Wildlife Area, and a very cooperative singing ROCK WREN on the rocks at the Ginko State Park Overlook accompanied by a pair of SAY'S PHOEBES actively building the nest over the interpretive center entrance. We also saw 5 AMERICAN KESTRELS as we drove around the area. 67 species were seen in all for an excellent day of birding.

Andy McCormick
Eastside Audubon
Bellevue, WA