[Tweeters] Mason County Saltwater Park--where?

Matt Bartels mattxyz at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 3 19:23:07 PDT 2014

I think you were at the park now named Skokomish Park @ Potlatch. It is just a little ways north of Potlatch SP, and has been renamed Skokomish Park at Potlatch within the last couple years. Prior to that , it was referred to by another name or maybe 2, including Hood CanalSaltwater Park. This is directly across the road from the big P.U.D. building.

It is an quick stop to try to pick up things like Harlequin Duck and often goldeneyes.
Here's a link to a fishing site that mentions it, and establishes the location as the one where the park presently named "Skokomish Park at Potlatch" is located:
http://www.pugetsoundanglers.org/fishing/Hood_Canal_chinook.htm
(1) Hood Canal Saltwater Park is across the road from the Tacoma Public Utilities powerhouse & operated by the Skokomish Tribe. A new one (August 2006), 2 lane concrete ramp with lots of gravel parking, with the preparation area on the north side of the ramp. During the peak fishing times it can become full. No loading dock, but a decent gravel shore on both sides of the launch to beach the boat on. Well maintained public restrooms open at 8:00AM (due to vandalism). Large picnic areas around the perimeter of the parking area are available also.

Best,

Matt Bartels,
Seattle, WA