[Tweeters] Des Moines - Wht-crnd. Sparrows arrive Apr 3

Carol & Lynn Schulz carol.schulz50 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 10:23:38 PDT 2014

Hi Tweets:
We haven't seen or heard White-crowned Sparrows around here for months. Although we did see one Wht-crn. Dec 28 by the post office on our local CBC. I was surprised to see it.
Today, Thurs, Apr 3, I heard 3, and saw 1 White-crowned Sparrow just south of the field house. All 4 were up on bushes or phone lines, not on the ground, and were singing "See me, pretty me". This is very late this year to finally hear this song in Des Moines.
They're back. The first of many I'm sure.
Yours, Carol Schulz
Des Moines