[Tweeters] Golden Eagle.

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 00:08:19 PDT 2014

If I recall correctly, a golden eagle was regularly seen in the Snoqualmie Valley for a period of time last year.

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA
On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 10:38 PM, Adam Stevens <adam at adalynfarm.com> wrote:

We live in the Stilly Valley and have seen dozens if not scores of immature bald eagles (I actually drove past a couple in a tree as I got close to home today.  I work in Duvall and just north of town (Zilstra Dairy) saw a massive wingspan glide over the road (120' overhead?).  I pulled over, and twisted around, as I hadn't seen the mottled body I'm used to seeing on the 'baby' bald's.  I had to flip a U turn to be able to get out and get optics on the birds.  They were 10-20% larger than the balds, with overall brown (Possibly a darker band at the end of the tail).  One of them finally turned in it's glide tipped toward me and I could see a coppery gold sheen on the back of it's head, and neck.  They were very long winged, with just a slight dihedral (not as much as TV's).  I'd love to have someone confirm this, as all I had was my cell phone and 7x35's so I wasn't able to get any kind of digiscope shot.  I'm second guessing myself as none have
been spotted in the Sound yet this year, and I would have though someone would have seen them.

--
-Adam Stevens

adam at adalynfarm com