[Tweeters] Golden Eagle.

Adam Stevens adam at adalynfarm.com
Wed Apr 2 22:37:36 PDT 2014

We live in the Stilly Valley and have seen dozens if not scores of immature
bald eagles (I actually drove past a couple in a tree as I got close to
home today. I work in Duvall and just north of town (Zilstra Dairy) saw a
massive wingspan glide over the road (120' overhead?). I pulled over, and
twisted around, as I hadn't seen the mottled body I'm used to seeing on the
'baby' bald's. I had to flip a U turn to be able to get out and get optics
on the birds. They were 10-20% larger than the balds, with overall brown
(Possibly a darker band at the end of the tail). One of them finally
turned in it's glide tipped toward me and I could see a coppery gold sheen
on the back of it's head, and neck. They were very long winged, with just
a slight dihedral (not as much as TV's). I'd love to have someone confirm
this, as all I had was my cell phone and 7x35's so I wasn't able to get any
kind of digiscope shot. I'm second guessing myself as none have been
spotted in the Sound yet this year, and I would have though someone would
have seen them.

--
-Adam Stevens
adam at adalynfarm com