[Tweeters] Backyard Mallards / Wedgwood

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Tue Apr 1 07:36:47 PDT 2014

Hi Tweeters - Greetings from the Wedgwood Preserve (a friend named it that in jest!)

So much for getting ready for work - now I've seen everything. I saw some "commotion" down by the back fence and my binocs revealed two mating mallards (excuse the perfect alliteration).

Now they're just hanging out taking my attention from my hummers (did I mention I am still trying to get ready for work?).

I have never seen a duck of any kind in our back garden. I did see one approach my ground birdbath and take a drink. Please note, I am a landlocked yard! :)

Will I soon have little ducks? Maybe I won't be an empty nester after all when the hummers fledge :)))

Caryn / Wild Wedgwood