[Tweeters] Pacific County White Pelicans

Paul Webster paul.webster at comcast.net
Thu Sep 26 11:09:45 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets,

Barb and I were at the Ilwaco boat harbor on Monday afternoon and found two
WHITE PELICANS consorting with the more usual gulls and cormorants -- the
first White Pelicans we've seen in 30 years of birding Pacific County.

On the beach at the North Jetty near Cape Disappointment were three
Whimbrels along with lots of California Gulls. Scads of Brown Pelicans
overhead.

We also located two dead Common Murres on the beach north of the Fishing
Rocks near North Head. About the size of Northern Flickers. No obvious
reason for their demise.

Good birding,

Paul Webster
paul.webster AT comcast.net