[Tweeters] Unexpected head banger

Rolan Nelson rnbuffle at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 23 19:54:59 PDT 2013

Greetings All,

This morning I was in the right position to view a small bird take a header into my sliding glass door.  He/she sat on the ground 2 feet from the window for nearly 10 minutes, so I kept watch.  We do have some opportunistic Sharpies in the neighborhood.  At first he/she was posing with bill gaping and right wing extended.  Eventually the wing went back into place , the bill closed and our unfortunate lbj flew off.
The odd thing was that it was a Swainson's Thrush.  A first for my yard, but isn't it kinda late for them?

-Rolan

Rolan Nelson
Fircrest, WA
rnbuffle at yahoo.com