[Tweeters] Re: Brown Booby - Zoo Photo from Oct 2012

John Puschock g_g_allin at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 22 19:26:36 PDT 2013

I was sent a photo of "the" booby when it was at Ballard. In that shot, it does appear to be missing flight feathers on its right wing, though perhaps just some secondaries. Given the distance I saw it from, I could have easily mixed up where the missing feathers were. Considering the probability of an adult Brown Booby showing up in Puget Sound, I think odds are the one at Edmonds is the same bird. However, this potential second booby is much more intriguing...

John Puschock
Matthews Beach, Seattle
g_g_allin at hotmail.com
http://www.zbirdtours.com