[Tweeters] Naches Pass Saturday

MARVIN R BREECE Owner marvbreece at q.com
Sun Sep 22 11:47:32 PDT 2013

Yesterday (Sat 9.21.13) I birded the Naches Pass area in SE King County.

AMERICAN ROBINS were on the move. There were thousands in the Falls Creek Burn on the Kittitas side at Windy Gap. Quite a spectacle for the eyes and the ears!

Also at Windy Gap:
Townsend's Solitaire - 2
Red-tailed Hawk - 2
Sharp-shinned Hawk - 2
Cooper's Hawk - 2
Northern Goshawk - 2
Band-tailed Pigeon - flock of 50

And:
Gray Jay - several seen at 3 locations

One of the goshawks put on a show chasing ravens at Windy Gap. When the ravens would perch, the gos would perch. But as soon as one raven lifted off, the gos was after it. This show went on for 10 minutes.

The weather wasn't especially cold at Windy Gap, but of course it was windy. The fog came and went. At times too thick to see anything. But patience paid off. I was glad I packed a lawn chair.

Marv Breece
Seattle, WA
marvbreece at q.com