[Tweeters] Ocean Shores Red-Shouldered Hawk and more

edbirsner at comcast.net edbirsner at comcast.net
Tue Sep 17 19:38:15 PDT 2013

A couple of bird notes from the coast. We've seen large concentrations of Sooty Shearwaters, from off the north jetty at Ocean Shores to Tokeland. Interestingly, today (9/17) thousands of shearwaters were engaged in what appeared to be a cooperative feeding frenzy with multitudes of Brown Pelicans, Heermann's Gulls, and D-C Cormorants.
Also today at the Hoquiam airport around the sewage lagoon we located a juvenile Red-Shouldered Hawk.

Diane Birsner & Dave Schmalz
Bellingham