[Tweeters] Ravens in town

Buchanan, Joseph B (DFW) Joseph.Buchanan at dfw.wa.gov
Tue Sep 17 12:26:26 PDT 2013

I rarely encounter ravens in the Olympia area, but I have seen them a number of times and all my observations are from the last 5-6 years. I have seen/heard them several times flying above Watershed Park and once above the intersection of Plum and Union. On two occasions I have seen single ravens adjacent to the Department of Ecology office off Martin Way (just E of I-5). I have seen them regularly at Kennedy Creek estuary for the last 10+ years and infrequently at the intersection of Steamboat Island Road and Highway 101 since about 2007 (but no prior records at either location). They are becoming more common throughout much of the West and this includes suburban and some urban areas.

Joe Buchanan
Olympia, WA

Joseph.Buchanan at dfw.wa.gov