[Tweeters] 3 jay day in yard

Bob Sundstrom ixoreus at scattercreek.com
Sun Sep 15 17:38:00 PDT 2013

Tweeters, This morning a flock of 5 Gray Jays joined 5 Steller's and 3 Western Scrubs simultaneously at the feeders at our place on upper Scatter Ck. Gray Jays typically show up in early fall here on the slopes nearby, but this was first we've seen them in the yard. The Gray Jays seemed unable to get to the suet in a starling-proof feeder, which Scrubs and flickers reach easily with longer necks and bills.

Also first returning RC Kinglet today, and still several immature Rufous Hummers around (a bit later than most years).

Good birding, Bob

Sent from my iPhone