[Tweeters] Boundary Bay-Buff-br and Semipalm Sandpiper, Reifle-Stilt, Sharp-tail

barry levineb at fastmail.fm
Sat Sep 14 19:55:51 PDT 2013

Tweeters,
Jack Stephens, Marvin Cooper and I took a quick trip to BC to look for
some of the birds reported by Bob Sundstrom this week. Reifle had good
numbers of common shorebirds. Also seen between 11-12:30 were a Sora, 2
Wilson's Snipe, and a Peregrine. Large numbers of birds were seen
between 104th and 96th Streets at Boundary Bay between 1 and 3 this
afternoon. Birds of note were: 1 Buff-breasted Sandpiper and at least 2
Semi-palmated Sandpipers at 104th and a large group (50 or so) Pectoral
sandpipers near 96th. Also seen (but not by us) at about the same time
at Reifle, were both a Stilt and a Sharp-tailed Sandpiper. With the
impending closure of I-5 in Burlington we decided to hightail it back to
Seattle before the bridge closure rather than return to Reifle. We beat
the bridge and closed with a Kestrel along Chuckanut Dr. near Bow. Great
day and a nice chance to see some friends in BC
All the best
--
barry Levine
Seattle