[Tweeters] Skamania County Migrant Waterfowl

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Fri Sep 13 11:55:41 PDT 2013

Yesterday, Susan and I stopped at the Franz Lake overlook along Highway 14 in Skamania County. The first waterfowl flock of the fall contained about 35 AMERICAN WIGEON mixed in with the MALLARDS there. Also present were 2 GREAT EGRETS, 2 AMERICAN COOTS and a PIED-BILLED GREBE. At our home on Mt. Pleasant there are now 1 BLACK-CHINNED HUMMINGBIRD, 1 ANNA'S HUMMINGBIRD and a RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD along with 3 GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROWS and a WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW. Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA