[Tweeters] re: Brown Booby in zoo

Dianna Moore dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Thu Sep 12 21:47:22 PDT 2013

Hi Richard and fellow Tweeters: To answer the question, "Who keeps a Brown
Booby in a zoo?", I believe this is the bird that landed on a fishing or
crabbing boat off Willapa Harbor and came into Westport Marina, was
transferred to a rehabber in Aberdeen who showed it off at the Grays Harbor
Shorebird Festival, and subsequently gave it to the zoo. This was maybe
2011? I know I tried to get Matt Bartles to allow us to count it, to no
avail!

We tried really hard to get Alaska Airlines to give it a free ride back to
southern climes, also to no avail...so there it sits in the zoo.

I was glad to hear it is still alive, if on the lam.

Dianna Moore
Ocean Shores