[Tweeters] Admiralty Inlet - Charity Wildife Photo workshop

D. Gluckman cgluckman at aol.com
Thu Sep 12 12:33:06 PDT 2013

The ferry trips across from Port Townsend to Coupeville were as quiet for birds as I've seen in the last ten years I've been making the trip. The round trip produced a few Pigeon Guillemots in winter plumage, 2 Western Grebes, 1 Rhino and 5 Common Murres (with a scattering of GW gulls). I'm sure this means we will have an early winter, a late winter or the usual.

Wildlife-bird photographers of all levels of expertise might be interested in a weekend photo-workshop October 19th and 20th in Port Townsend to support the efforts of the Tarboo Creek Preserve. All of the funds received go for the purchase of the Tarboo Forest adjacent to the Creek. The field trips will include the Preserve, owned by a private non-profit organization (NW Watershed Institute) and one of the better, rarely accessible birding areas on the Olympic Peninsula as well as secluded coastal areas on the northern Hood Canal near Tarboo Bay. For more information check out - www.nwwatershed.org.

David Gluckman
Pt. Townsend, WA
David 360.531.3325 Casey 360.531.3359