[Tweeters] Wood ducks eating dragonflies

Walter Kuciej WALTERK74 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 11 21:42:08 PDT 2013

On Tuesday we were at McClane Creek, near Olympia. A pair of wood ducks were patrolling around a little island, repeatedly snapping at something we couldn't see. Then I saw one much closer, and watched it nail what looked like a Ruby Meadowhawk resting on a stump. A new sight for me. This area has a nice 1.25 mi. trail around a small lake. Also spotted several Rough-skinned Newts. And if you want to get a good look at some nice Chinook Salmon, go to Tumwater Falls . It was 100F in the sun at Nisqually, so we skipped the boardwalk. Happy trails. Walt Kuciej, Seattle.