[Tweeters] LHG-Bellevue, Day 5, GWFG continues (mornings only)

Pterodroma at aol.com Pterodroma at aol.com
Wed Sep 11 19:22:07 PDT 2013

That way early, errant, and ever so lonely Greater White-fronted Goose
(GWFG) continued for the 5th straight morning today in the small NE corner
farm field at 156th Ave SE & SE 16th St, Bellevue. It seems to be a morning
bird only, prime time 0700-1000hrs, and when and where it goes after that,
and how long this will all last, who knows. Even in the fog (today &
yesterday) it should be an easy 'tick' for drive-by commuters on 156th. Better
is to just park in the small gravel parking lot on SE 16th just west of the
red produce stand and windmill on the corner there and just look east
across the street (156th). It's either obviously there or it's not and won't
take more than a minute or two of your time. This goose seems to always be
standing in the exact same spot (footprint) each morning, kinda like a
garden ornament, dead center in the field and if wandering anywhere, just goes
a few feet to the east toward the center eastern edge. This morning as I
was watching at 0805hrs, I was holding my breath with dread as a man and his
dog were out walking across that field, then returned via the central
north-south spacer that splits the field east & west where the GWFG likes to
stand. Neither the man nor the dog seemed to even notice the goose and the
goose just slowly and casually walked off to the east seemingly totally
unperturbed and then was back in the 'footprint' in the 'spacer' when Hugh
Jennings and I saw it again at 0930hrs. It was NOT there at 1100hrs as I was
ending my morning LHG loop walk.

Richard Rowlett
Bellevue (Eastgate), WA