[Tweeters] Neah Bay, Sunday

Nigel Ball nigelj.ball at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 20:20:30 PDT 2013

Hi,
I came across the previously reported RED-SHOULDERED HAWK near the
transfer station, and enjoyed the gulls (10,000? California) with adult
AMERICAN HERRING GULL back, and what under any other circumstances would
have been a dead cert juv THAYER'S GULL, but wouldn't that be early? One
COMMON TERN.
Off the breakwater, SOOTY SHEARWATERS and an excellent POMARINE JAEGER.
Over 80 BROWN PELICANS, which is as many as I've seen there. YELLOW
WARBLERS led the counts for migrant passerines.
So nothing to add to the Clallam year list (sorry Denny), but I was happily
busy all day.
Cheers,
Nigel

Nigel Ball